Installing the GF-Config Software
1. Get on line and go to http://www.goflightinc.com.
2. On the home page click Support.
3. Click on “GF Config x.xx” to download our latest module drivers and configuration software.
4. Click “Run” or “Save” and follow the instructions to install the software. If the software installer detects that GoFlight software is already installed on your system, it will prompt you to overwrite. Click the Yes button to overwrite the existing version of GoFlight software. This is useful if you wish to keep the configuration settings for other GoFlight modules installed on your system. However, you should first make sure that the software you are overwriting is an older version and not a newer one.
Installing the GF-48 Module
1. If you are going to mount the GF-RP48 module into a GoFlight rack, install the module in any desired location in the rack using the thumbscrews provided.
NOTE: When tightening the GF-RP48 mounting thumb screws, be careful not to over-tighten the screws as it is possible to strip the threads in the mounting holes or break the mounting screws if excessive force is applied.
2. Plug the USB cable “B” connector end (square) into the connector on the back of the GF-RP48 circuit board.
3. Plug the USB cable “A” connector end (rectangular) to a USB port on your computer or hub. The message “New Hardware Found” may appear briefly, showing that the GF-RP48 was detected
Configuring the GF-48 Module
To configure your GF-RP48 for use with your favorite flight simulator, run the GF-Config program. Double-click on the GoFlight Config icon on your desktop that was created.
Click on the graphic illustration of the GF-RP48. It will become highlighted in a red outlined border, Then assign the desired functions as desired via the drop-down list provided. See picture below.
Putting your RP-48 in Mouse mode
Note:Your RP-48 needs to be flashed with the mouse firmware in order to use the mouse function.
To put your RP-48 in mouse mode you would push down and hold the center two buttons until you see a flashing LED. Now your RP-48 is in mouse mode.
- Button #1 Left Click
- Button #2 Right click
- Button #3 the ALT key
- Button #4 the ESC key
- Button #5 Not Used
- Button #6 fast Mouse speed
- Button #7 med Mouse speed
- Button #8 slow Mouse speed
- Rotary #1 moves your mouse Right and Left
- Rotary #2 moves your mouse Up and Down.
- Rotary #3 moves your mouse at a Left angle.
- Rotary #4 moves your mouse at a Right angle.
TO change back to RP-48 Mode hit the center two buttons again.