Installing GF-Config Software
NOTE: If you own other GoFlight hardware and have already installed the most current version of software on your system, you do not need to install the software again. Simply skip the software installation steps in the instructions below.
1. Using a web browser go to www.goflightinc.com.
2. On the GoFlight home page click Support.
3. Click on “GF Config x.xx” to download the latest module drivers and configuration software.
4. Click “Run” or “Save” and then follow the instructions to install the software. If the software installer detects that GoFlight software is already installed on your system, it will prompt you to overwrite. Click the Yes button to overwrite the existing version of GoFlight software. This is useful if you wish to keep the configuration settings for other GoFlight modules installed on your system. However, you should first make sure that the software you are overwriting is an older version and not a newer one.
Installing GF-WP6 Module
1. If you are going to mount the GF-T8 module into a GoFlight module rack, install the module in any desired location in the rack using the two thumbscrews provided.
NOTE: When tightening the GF-T8 mounting thumbscrews, be careful not to over-tighten the screws as it is possible to strip the threads in the mounting holes or break the mounting screws if excessive force is applied.
2. Plug the provided USB cable “B” connector end (square) into the connector on the back of the GF-T8 module.
3. Plug the USB cable “A” connector end (rectangular) to a USB port on your computer or USB hub. Once the operating system recognizes the GF-WP6, you will see the GF-WP6 “wakeup” Sequence. The LED displays will illuminate that indicates that the GF-WP6 has been detected by your computer and is ready to use.
Configuring a GF-WP6 Module
After you install the GoFlight software and connect the GF-WP6 for the first time, run the GFConfig program, which is located in your Programs menu under “GoFlight”. Verify that GFConfig displays an icon Representing the GF-WP6 unit on the Left-hand side of the program window. Click on the GF-WP6 icon to show the configuration options in the right-Hand side of the program window. See picture below.