- Get on line and go to www.goflightinc.com.
- On the home page click Support/Downloads (Note – this will need to be changed to reflect the new website.)
- Click on “Module Support Software” to download our latest module drivers and configuration software.
- Click “Run” or “Save” and follow the instruction to load your software. If the software installer detects that GoFlight software is already installed on your system, it will prompt you to overwrite. Click the Yes button to overwrite the existing version of GoFlight software. This is useful if you wish to keep the configuration settings for other GoFlight modules installed on your system. if you wish to keep the configuration settings for other GoFlight modules installed on your system. However, you should first make sure that the software you are overwriting is an older version and not a newer one.
- If you are planning to install the GF-166 module into a GoFlight rack enclosure, install the module in any desired location in the enclosure. Fasten the module in place using the two thumbscrews that are included in the GF-166 packaging being careful not to over-tighten them.
- Plug the USB cable “B” connector end (square) into the connector on the back of the GF-166 circuit board.
- Plug the USB cable “A” connector end (rectangular) to a USB port on your computer or USB hub. Once the operating system recognizes the GF-166, you will see the GF-166’s “wakeup” sequence. The LED displays will animate a sliding message that reads “GF” in the left-hand display and “166” in the right hand display, which will appear for a short time and then disappear. The left and right function LEDs will then briefly flash on and then off. This sequence will repeat any time you disconnect and re-connect the module, and each time you start up your computer. It indicates that the GF-166 has been detected by your computer and is ready to use.
After you install the GoFlight software and connect the GF-166 for the first time, run the GF-Config program, which is located in your Programs menu under “GoFlight”. Verify that GF-Config displays an icon representing the GF-166 unit on the left-hand side of the window. Click on the GF-166 icon to show the configuration options in the right-hand side of the window. Selecting the GF-166 device icon in the Device View.