NOTE: If you own other GoFlight hardware and have already installed the most current version of software on your system, you do not need to install the software again. Simply skip the software installation steps in the instructions below.
- Get on line and go to http://www.goflightinc.com. On the home page click on Support/Downloads.
- Click on Software.
- Click “Run” or “Save” and follow the instruction to install the software. If the software installer detects that GoFlight software is already installed on your system, it will prompt you to overwrite. Click the Yes button to overwrite the existing version of GoFlight software. This is useful if you wish to keep the configuration settings for other GoFlight modules installed on your system. However, you should first make sure that the software you are overwriting is an older version and not a newer one.
- If you are going to mount the GF-LGT II module into a GF-AC rack, install the module in any desired location in the rack using the two thumbscrews provided.
NOTE: When tightening the GF-LGT II mounting thumbscrews, be careful not to over-tighten the screws as it is possible to strip the threads in the mounting holes or break the mounting screws if excessive force is applied.
- Plug the USB cable “B” connector (square) end into the connector on the back of the GF-LGT II circuit board.
- Plug the USB cable “A” connector end (rectangular) to a USB port on your computer. The message “New Hardware Found” will appear briefly, showing that the GF-LGT II was detected. When the operating system recognizes the GF-LGT II, you will see the landing gear status LEDs light up red, then quickly change to green, and finally turn off. This LED pattern will repeat any time you disconnect and re-connect the module, and each time you start up your computer. It indicates that the GF-LGT II is ready to use.
The first time you install the GF-LGT II and the GF-AC software in Step (3), run GF-Config and perform the “Update Aircraft” operation from the Options menu. This ensures that your Flight Simulator installations are correctly updated for use with the GF-LGT II.